Discussion area for manage-X management packs

Nov 23, 2010 at 3:47 PM

This area is designated for discussions related to the manage-X (xSNMP) management pack suite for Operations Manager 2007.

Dec 22, 2010 at 7:41 PM
Edited Dec 22, 2010 at 7:44 PM

Pete,

xSNMP management suit is excellent.  I need little help in enabling the basic monitoring.  In Overrides management pack I am seeing three options, 1) disabled 2) Collect performance 3) Alerting and performance data.  I want to enable Alerting and performance data, Please help me how to do it.

/Ravi

Jan 4, 2011 at 2:00 PM

Ravi, 

Make sure you go over the docs.  From teh xSNMP Management Pack Suite.pdf:

Pre-defined Groups

 xSNMP Network Interfaces - Status Monitoring Only

xSNMP Network Interfaces that are members of this group will be enabled for interface status

monitoring and alerting.  

 xSNMP Network Interfaces - Fully Monitored: Alerting and Performance Data

xSNMP Network Interfaces that are members of this group will be enabled for performance data

collection (utilization and errors) as well as status, utilization, and error alerting.  

 xSNMP Network Interfaces - Collect Performance Data Only

xSNMP Network Interfaces that are members of this group will be enabled for performance data

collection (utilization and errors).  

 xSNMP Network Interfaces - All Monitoring Disabled

xSNMP Network Interface objects that are members of this group will have all interface

monitoring disabled.   

Basically, add the network interfaces that you want to be monitored to the' xsnmp network interfaces - Fully monitored' group.  You can also follow the instructions in the doc to set up dynamic rules.  Page 16 shows you how to set up a query that will automagically add all ethernet interfaces with a connection present and that are not administratively down.

Note that you will need to have imported the xSNMP.Overrides.xml mp as well as the base xsnmp.mp to have the relevant groups.