Problem with Oracle MP Discovery

Jan 11, 2011 at 11:36 AM

Hi,

First off, great work guys the xsnmp and oracle packs are great.

I have decided to put the Oracle MP in to our test environment and although some things have been discovered I am having some issues.

I followed the guide as far as I am aware but after I put the pack in I got the following:

Health Service Credentials Not Defined Alert Message

The Health service on computer RMS failed to resolve Secure Reference override. This issue may affect multiple instances. Additional details: Account for RunAs profile in workflow "manageX.Oracle.Unix.Monitoring.Discovery.Oracle", running for instance "Servername" with id:"{B60D0A0A-720F-FB74-92B7-D525CD37CB15}" is not defined. Workflow will not be loaded. Please associate an account with the profile. Management group "SCOMR2-TEST"

Oracle Database Instance Not Fully Discovered

The Oracle Database Instance: XXX, of the server: Servername, has not been fully discovered. This may indicate that the instance was down at the time of discovery, or monitoring authentication is configured improperly. The instance will not be fully monitored until the SID can be discovered.

Now we have only overridden the discovery for one unix computer at the moment as we need to make sure all is as intended in test first before pushing it to the other servers.

We created two accounts: Oracle Execution Account, Oracle SQL Query Account

Added the Query account to to the Query profile with the following, Association:Class - Used For:Unix Computer - Class:Unix Computer

Added the Execution account to the Oracle Unix Action Account profile with the following, Association:Class - Used For:Unix Computer - Class:Unix Computer

We then overrode 'Discover Oracle Database' under the target 'Discover Oracle Database' to TRUE for our server we wish to be discovered.

I seems to have picked up everything like ASM and the like, but not the instances and the database information.

I hope I have been detailed enough, but can anyone give me some pointers to what I may have missed?

Thanks in advance.

Robert

Jan 26, 2011 at 8:02 PM

Did you ever resolve this issue? Seems like I am having the same issue.

Jan 27, 2011 at 11:31 AM

No I am afraid we are still having the same issues as we did not get any replies :(

Mar 29, 2011 at 3:02 PM

HI I am also trying to use this MP for oracle monitoring.I am also running in to similar issue. The databases,tablespace etc are not monitored. I did follow the document.Any help to resolve this is appreciated.Thanks

Apr 1, 2011 at 3:22 PM

Hi,

I had a similar problem and I resolved it by manually creating a file called /tmp/manage-X/mxosqp on the managed server whose contents containn the encrypted Oracle database logon credentials; a rule should have created this but it did not do so.

Gordym.

Apr 4, 2011 at 11:52 AM
Edited Apr 4, 2011 at 11:52 AM

Hi gordym

Thanks.I did try this but no luck as of now.When you say the mxosqp file contains the encrypted Oracle DB logon credentials. I believe this is automatically created in this file,Once i create this file in the managed server.

Apr 8, 2011 at 8:57 AM

Hi gordym,

While i was checking the opsmgr server.i found a file named cmdstr.txt in c:\ .When i saw the contents of the same i had commands to create the /tmp/manage-X/mxosqp and populate the encrypted text and change permission of the folder and file.I used the same to and manually did it on one of my oracle server.It started to report.But when i use the same in another server.It did not reports.

So i wanted t check what is the content of this file which is encrypted .Which is the user id /password that is encrypted here ?

Is this the DB access username and password ,if so then where will i find encrypted  username and password for the other oracle server

Thanks for your support.I was able to solve some issue with your support.

Apr 8, 2011 at 9:17 AM

Hi I think i was able to get this done! it works 

May 25, 2011 at 10:11 AM

Hi,balar, i have the same question with you.

"cat /tmp/manage-x/mxomqp | openssl enc -d -base64"  tells me that the account encrypted here is Oracle SQL Query Account which you configed  in OM Console.  

May 25, 2011 at 12:09 PM

Thanks
I got this working.

To: [email removed]
Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 02:11:20 -0700
Subject: Re: Problem with Oracle MP Discovery [xSNMP:241279]

Hi,balar, i have the same question with you.
"cat /tmp/manage-x/mxomqp | openssl enc -d -base64" tells me that the account encrypted here is Oracle SQL Query Account which you configed in OM Console.
Read the full discussion online.
To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (xSNMP@discussions.codeplex.com)
To start a new discussion for this project, email xSNMP@discussions.codeplex.com
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com
Aug 15, 2011 at 5:24 PM

HI,

I am not able to monitor the oracle and not have any error.
Tems some log I can check?

the file. cmdstr.txt is not created. have an example?

DVD.

Sep 16, 2011 at 8:20 PM

HI

Does not work in solaris
Not find the SID or SID empty
you can enable a log of the MP?

DVD

Sep 29, 2011 at 8:28 PM

how do I enable a log MP Oracle?
Is it possible?

DVD