xSNMP.DataSource.UpdateHexInterfaceDisplayString

Apr 23, 2011 at 2:43 PM
Edited Apr 23, 2011 at 2:50 PM

http://img189.imageshack.us/i/hexissue.png/

Hi,

First of all congratulations on a fantastic acheivement with this suite of MP's!. Your hard work has inspired me to create my own extension to the cisco pack. I am currently working on monitoring Cisco DMVPN nhrp clients and servers using the NHRP mib. Thanks to your authoring guide and having an open copy of the NET-SNMP pack I was able to use a table in the mib to create a basic tree showing the next hop clients that were connected to the next hop server. Amongst other things, the table shows the nbma address and internet address of the connected client, now... my problem is that this address is in a raw format and appears as 4 sets of hex values making up the 4 octets of the ip address. How can I convert this to a usefull ip address? I have noticed that there is a Datasource.UpdateHexInterfaceDisplayString in the xSNMP pack which seems to be trying to do just that but for a different application, Is this a method I could leverage for my issue?

I must admit I am very new to SCOM and XML, and the way it all goes together still baffles me slightly. But I am getting results slowly by following your work, I just think this problem is too big a leap for me to tackle alone. So any help will be greatfully received!

Cheers,

Mike.

The OID's in question if anyone is curious are :

NHRP-MIB:nhrpServerNhcTable

NHRP-MIB:nhrpServerNhcInternetworkAddr

NHRP-MIB:nhrpServerNhcNbmaAddr

Coordinator
May 2, 2011 at 2:28 AM

It may be easier for you to get direct assistance on custom OpsMgr MP authoring related to SNMP on the Microsoft TechNet Forums for Operations Manager 2007 or systemcentercentral.com

May 3, 2011 at 1:34 AM

Thanks for your reply, I have posted a new question on the technet forum if anyone wishes to follow the outcome :)

I also made some more progress and have successfully converted the hex values into the IP address using the script included in the xSNMP MP but now I am having further issues where it will only create one instance of the class per device where previously it displayed three.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/operationsmanagerauthoring/thread/da934280-c30a-47a6-9a0c-5f96f80cbf7c/