Problem with Oracle Server Discovery - SunOS 8 and 10

Aug 16, 2011 at 9:57 AM

Hello,
Does anyone have problems discovering ORACLE on   servers running SunOS 8 and 10?

On servers running AIX and Red Hat discovery works perfect.

Thanks,

Anatoly Gofman.

Aug 16, 2011 at 3:02 PM

Hi Antoly,

I have the same problem. V490 on a solaris 64 bit.
you've checked the / var / opt / microsoft / scx / log? shows what message?

Solaris is 64-bit?

Tks

DVD

Aug 21, 2011 at 12:55 PM

Hi'

yes, Solaris 64-bit.

There is one message in log - "No data can be gathered for 64-bit process", but i don't think  that's the problem.

Anatoly.

Aug 24, 2011 at 12:11 PM

Hi Anatoly,

Works on linux, but I can not see the tablespaces.
Solaris does not work

Someone from the forum can help us

DVD

Aug 31, 2011 at 5:35 PM
Edited Aug 31, 2011 at 6:03 PM

Hi everyone, I am new here, but I was having the same issue. I downloaded the source code and studied the problem where we could not discovery Oracle on servers running Solaris.

I've found that the commands like grep, when it has some special character, for instance "grep -v ^#", didn't work when running on solaris. Maybe there are other similar problems because of it. I tried some commands using winrm, and the solution was enclosure the argument between apostrophes ('). See in the end of the post.

So here are the steps. I'll send this patch for a new sealed MP, but now:

Import the manageX.Oracle.Unix.Library.mp to OpsMgr

Import this XML (patch for evaluation) to OpsMgr and follow other steps in documentation, and enable the discovery.

It's important to know that this is not a sealed MP, and you can't import the manageX.Oracle.Unix.Reporting (mp ou xml), so it must be generated in another version.

Winrm tests, to run from command prompt. I ran it from OpsMgr server:

NOT WORKING:

winrm invoke ExecuteShellCommand http://schemas.microsoft.com/wbem/wscim/1/cim-schema/2/SCX_OperatingSystem?__cimnamespace=root/scx @{command="cat /var/opt/oracle/oratab |grep -v ^#|grep :|cut -d':' -f2";timeout="60"} -username:root -auth:basic -r:https://server:1270/wsman -skipCACheck -encoding:UTF-8

WORKING:

winrm invoke ExecuteShellCommand http://schemas.microsoft.com/wbem/wscim/1/cim-schema/2/SCX_OperatingSystem?__cimnamespace=root/scx @{command="cat /var/opt/oracle/oratab |grep -v '^#'|grep :|cut -d':' -f2";timeout="60"} -username:root -auth:basic -r:https://server:1270/wsman -skipCACheck -encoding:UTF-8
Thats it.
Have Fun,
Eder
Sep 16, 2011 at 8:19 PM

Hi,

Does not work in solaris
Not find the SID or SID empty
you can enable a log of the MP?

DVD

Sep 29, 2011 at 8:28 PM

how do I enable a log MP Oracle?
Is it possible?

DVD

Oct 6, 2011 at 4:25 PM

I worked a little with this MP, please try it in your environment.

http://xsnmp.codeplex.com/Download/AttachmentDownload.ashx?ProjectName=xsnmp&WorkItemId=15167&FileAttachmentId=5925

I could monitor a lot of things and see tablespaces. The problem now is that I'm getting a lot of core dumps on Solaris. =/. This time, I think it is an agent bug.

Cya.

Eder

Oct 23, 2011 at 1:05 PM

Hi Eder, 

I just downloaded the updated version of the Management Pack. However, the discovery does'nt seem to work for my oracle servers running on solaris 10 servers. 

I have followed all instructions as per the Management Pack Guide and given the correct path and permissions. I have also enabled the discovery of servers and databases but nothing seems to discover the oracle servers.

Are there any troubleshooting steps which can help to find the cause for the servers not getting discovered ?

Any Help in this matter will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance!

Regards,

Abdul

Oct 26, 2011 at 8:20 PM

HI,

I am having problems discovering oracle servers on solaris 10 machines.

I was wondering if you managed to discover your servers ?

Abdul

Oct 26, 2011 at 8:20 PM
AnatolyG wrote:

Hello,
Does anyone have problems discovering ORACLE on   servers running SunOS 8 and 10?

On servers running AIX and Red Hat discovery works perfect.

Thanks,

Anatoly Gofman.

HI,

I am having problems discovering oracle servers on solaris 10 machines.

I was wondering if you managed to discover your servers ?

Abdul

Jan 6, 2012 at 3:07 PM

Hi Abdul, sorry for this late response...

I got another problem here. There's a file created in /tmp/manage-X, and the management pack is not creating it in Solaris. I had to create it myself, based on a Oracle Server running on Linux

/tmp/manage-X

bash-3.00# ls -latr

total 400

drwxr-xr-x   2 dtiso    other        180 Dec 12 11:13 .

-rw-------   1 dtiso    other         34 Dec 12 11:13 mxosqp

The content of this file is:

user/password

Also, you must override oratab and oraInst locations, and must enable the Oracle Server Discovery.

Hope it works.

Cya

Jan 26, 2012 at 3:21 PM

I still get an error message on the SID Discovery. I tried to run the commandshel manually and I noticed that all commands must run in the bash shell. Has anyone had this issue?

Regards, Anatoly.