Discover Objects from SNMP WALK (DiscoverObject)

Aug 18, 2011 at 10:48 AM

I am creating an xSNMP MP for monitoring custom devices we have. it is similar to xSNMP.NetApp MP. that we have a Device to discover then Hardware and then a Modules.

i  was able to successfully discover the devices and hardware. but Modules are not discovered. i am using the same (Exactly Same) technique as xSNMP.NetApp but for somehow the discovery does not work.

please advise. my code for discovering modules is below:

<Configuration p1:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="C:\Users\op91\AppData\Local\Temp\xSNMP.NCR.ATM.Machine.Hardware.Module.Discovery.xsd" xmlns:p1="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">  <Interval>7200</Interval>  <IPAddress>$Target/Host/Host/Property[Type="MicrosoftSystemCenterNetworkDeviceLibrary!Microsoft.SystemCenter.NetworkDevice"]/IPAddress$</IPAddress>  <CommStr>$Target/Host/Host/Property[Type="MicrosoftSystemCenterNetworkDeviceLibrary!Microsoft.SystemCenter.NetworkDevice"]/CommunityString$</CommStr>  <SnmpVersion>$Target/Host/Host/Property[Type="MicrosoftSystemCenterNetworkDeviceLibrary!Microsoft.SystemCenter.NetworkDevice"]/IPAddress$</SnmpVersion>  <OID>.1.3.6.1.4.1.191.39.1.2.1.1</OID>  <OIDFilterString>1.3.6.1.4.1.191.39.1.2.1.1.</OIDFilterString>  <ClassID>$MPElement[Name="xSNMP.NCR.ATM.Machine.Hardware.Module"]$</ClassID>  <InstanceSettings>    <Settings>      <Setting>        <Name>$MPElement[Name="MicrosoftSystemCenterNetworkDeviceLibrary!Microsoft.SystemCenter.NetworkDevice"]/IPAddress$</Name>        <Value>$Target/Host/Host/Property[Type="MicrosoftSystemCenterNetworkDeviceLibrary!Microsoft.SystemCenter.NetworkDevice"]/IPAddress$</Value>      </Setting>      <Setting>        <Name>$MPElement[Name="xSNMP.NCR.ATM.Machine.Hardware"]/DeviceName$</Name>        <Value>$Target/Host/Property[Type="xSNMP.NCR.ATM.Machine.Hardware"]/DeviceName$</Value>      </Setting>      <Setting>        <Name>$MPElement[Name="xSNMP.NCR.ATM.Machine.Hardware.Module"]/OID$</Name>        <Value>$Data/SnmpVarBinds/SnmpVarBind[1]/OID$</Value>      </Setting>      <Setting>        <Name>$MPElement[Name="xSNMP.NCR.ATM.Machine.Hardware.Module"]/ProductID$</Name>        <Value>$Data/SnmpVarBinds/SnmpVarBind[1]/Value$</Value>      </Setting>      <Setting>        <Name>$MPElement[Name="System!System.Entity"]/DisplayName$</Name>        <Value>$Data/SnmpVarBinds/SnmpVarBind[1]/Value$</Value>      </Setting>      <Setting>        <Name>$Target/Property[Type="xSNMP.NCR.ATM.Machine.Hardware.Module"]/DeviceName$</Name>        <Value>$Target/Host/Host/Property[Type="System!System.Entity"]/DisplayName$</Value>      </Setting>    </Settings>  </InstanceSettings></Configuration>